Friday, May 31, 2013

Day 10 Jack the Ripper Tour

Today was our free day and we decided to catch up on some sleep. Slept in till about 11 got up and went to ISA to work on some stuff.

On the way back Danielle and I stopped by Green Park. I just seemed like a nice place to stop and relax.


 



When I got back to the hotel Alesha and I decided to do the Jack the Ripper Walk that night. This was one of the main things I wanted to do while in London. We took the tube all the way to Tower Hill, which we learned the hard way of getting there when we went to the medieval dinner.

We met up with our tour guide Andrew who was very captivating. He started off by painting us a picture of what the East End use to be like. He took us to the travelers church where the prostitutes use to pick up customers, 3 of the 5 murder sites and finally to the Ten Bells Pub which is where the prostitutes/victims frequented. I wish we would have been able to go to all 5 but it was still pretty awesome. I don't want to say too much incase anyone wants to go someday...I would highly recommend it :)

The remains of the wall that separated London and the East End

Andrew at the end of the tour telling us about the suspects in the Jack the Ripper Case

Where murder #3 took place. There is now a flower bed in its place
Where the 5th and final murder took place

When we went to the heritage center they had a picture of the 5th victim Mary Jane Kelly




No comments:

Post a Comment